Yesterday 20,000 plus runners took part in the United Airlines New York City Half Marathon. Racing, running, jogging, run-walking, and walking participants traveled 13.1 miles on the first day of Spring. Whether you kicked off the season of anew with any activity yesterday, you can't deny the allure of using this season as your pivot point for an elevated fitness regimen.
March will be ending next week, which also signals the end of the first quarter. If you were motivated at all by New Years Resolutions, chances are you are long past the monitoring of them, so here are five reasons to have a fling with fitness in the coming weeks.
1. Physically fit people experience fewer allergy symptoms than do other people, according to a study by the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology.
2. One good hour long workout each week in a park gives you the chance to enjoy fresh air, meet new people, and push your body. And with that extra hour of daylight we got last week, you can do it after work.
3. Spring planting season provides you with some barometer for your flexibility and balance. Any we need these reminders in order to make good choices about exercises in daily routines.
4. There's still time to trim down ahead of bathing suit season, but you need to start NOW. A daily regimen of 15 minutes in combination with two longer workouts each week is the perfect combination for the metabolic boost you need for weight loss.
5. Fitness fashions are perfectly suited to show off with fewer layers needed. Invest in a new pair of tights and/or top. Don't go for black apparel; pick up something with color. Studies show that "seeing" spring fosters spring-like thoughts.
Whatever it takes you to get out this Spring and get motivated, give it a try! As always, our team is here to help you, so do not hesitate to get in touch if you need some specific tips.